In September we in the SNUG committee sent out a link for a SurveyMonkey questionnaire.
We initiated this as we were having issues finding venues for the annual workshop. This venue issue is caused by a combination of hotels becoming isolation venues (and therefore not being available for conferences), and others not providing conference facilities due to uncertainty over the Covid situation.
This has reduced venue options, and pushed up pricing for available venues. The conditions for cancellation are not suitable for us, and increase the financial risk for the committee.
Added to this, is the current uncertainty over attendance, with some organisations still not allowing staff to attend workshops or conferences.
As such, and based on feedback from the questionnaire, the SNUG committee has made the decision to postpone this years workshop.
We are planning to attempt a one-day mini-workshop in Feb or March 2021. However, this will be dependent on some considerable loosening of the current constraints.
Since 2009, we have only missed one annual workshop. This was in 2011 and was caused by the double-whammy of the Christchurch Earthquakes, and the Rugby World Cup.
For those who are interested, the results of the survey can be found here.
If you have any questions, or need clarification on anything, please feel free to contact any member of the SNUG committee.
From SNUG Chair Jeff Greenough, myself, and the rest of the SNUG committee, we look forward to meeting you all in person soon.